Terms and conditions
All bookings made prior to the conference must be paid in full to guarantee registration. Once payment has been received, an email confirmation and an invoice will be sent.
2. Early bird rate
In order to qualify for any 'early bird' rates, booking and payment must be received before the deadline date listed in the event marketing material.
3. Substitutions & cancellations
Delegates may nominate an alternative person from their organisation to attend up to 24 hours prior to the start of the event, at no extra charge. Details of the substitution must be sent by email to email@example.com. Should substitution not be possible, cancellation charges apply as follows:
- 16 weeks or more prior to start of event: 20% of the delegate fee
- 4 to 16 weeks prior to start of event: 50% of the delegate fee
- 4 weeks or less prior to start of event: 100% of the delegate fee
All substitutions and cancellations must be received in writing
4. Access and dietary requirements
Delegates should advise of any special access or dietary requirements at the time of booking.
5. Alterations to programme: cancellation or postponement of the event
- DLF reserves the right to make alterations to the event programme, venue and timings.
- In the unlikely event of the programme being cancelled by DLF, a full refund will be made. Liability will be limited to the amount of the fee paid by the delegate.
- In the event of it being found necessary, for whatever reason, that the event is being postponed or the dates being changed, the organisers shall not be liable for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by the delegate.
- If by re-arrangement or postponement the event can take place, the booking between the delegate and the organisers shall remain in force and will be subject to the cancellation schedule in paragraph 3.
Views expressed by speakers are their own. DLF cannot accept liability for advice given, or views expressed, by any speaker at the event or in any material provided to delegates.
7. Photography & filming
For promotional purposes, there may be a photographer and / or video production taking place during the event. Delegates who do not wish to be filmed or recorded should advise the organisers by email to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the event.
8. Data Protection
By submitting registration details, delegates agree to allow DLF and sponsoring companies to contact them regarding their services. Delegates who do not wish to receive such communications please email email@example.com. The contact details of registered delegates will be placed on the attendee list which will be passed to sponsoring companies and to all attendees for them to see who is at the event for the purpose of networking and discussions. Delegates who do not wish to be included on this list should email DLF via firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Websites & links
The event and associated DLF websites may link to other websites and networking tools provided for the convenience of the users. The contents of these websites are maintained by their owners, for which DLF takes no responsibility. Neither can responsibility be taken for contents of any website linking to this website.
It is the responsibility of the delegate to arrange appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at the conference. DLF cannot be held liable for any loss, liability or damage to personal property.
11. Speakers’ terms & conditions
- DLF may use the speakers’ name and presentation materials for promoting delegate attendance at the event.
- Presentations and papers including all associated artwork and illustrations will not be returned unless specifically requested by the author. The papers must be objective and completely free of advertising and commercialism.
- DLF may audio and/or video tape the speakers’ session and the recording may be reproduced as part of the overall event and promotional materials.
- DLF may reproduce copies of the speaker’s presentation (e.g. PowerPoint slides or supporting hand-outs) on paper and/or electronically. Any acknowledgement regarding copyright or support should be included at the end of the abstract/presentation.
- Speakers who do not wish to give permission for the above terms and conditions should email email@example.com before the commencement of the event.
If you have any questions about these Terms & Conditions, please contact -
Moving & Handling People
Disabled Living Foundation,
4th Floor, Jessica House
Red Lion Square
191 Wandsworth High Street
Tel 020 7289 6111