Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All professionals need to maintain a portfolio of evidence for their Continuing Professional Development (CPD). But how do you gain the information, help and advice to support your development?
CPD can be through a range of a range of learning activities including formal, informal and reflective learning. All health professionals must undertake CPD to maintain registration to help demonstrate that they are maintaining and developing skills & knowledge in order to ensure their practice is up to date, safe and effective.
Reflecting the different areas of a Moving and Handling Advisory Service, Moving & Handling People will feature plenary & a series of practical problem-solving workshops - which will be invaluable in extending your knowledge and practical skills and contribute to your CPD.
Delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance at the end of the event after submitting their evaluation form; record your personal objectives and achievements on your certificate to update your CPD record. Attending the event will allow you to audit your practice, develop new ideas and provides time for you to learn from other experienced manual handling practitioners.
This CPD-accredited event will enable you to learn from the outcomes of research and best practice.
As a moving and handling professional, this is the key conference for you to attend.
Who should attend
The event aims to bring together practitioners from multi disciplinary backgrounds who are involved in moving and handling people.
Who should attend Moving &
All those working in health and social care – NHS Acute Care Trusts, Clinical Commissioning Groups, Private Healthcare, Social Care, Charities, Nursing & Independent Care Homes and Hospices who are involved in moving and handling risk assessments, recommending equipment, writing care plans, training & education and moving and handling people including: -
- Care Home Managers and Workers
- Community Care Workers
- Day Centre Workers
- Equipment Loan Store Managers
- Emergency Service Managers & Workers
- Healthcare Assistants
- Health & Safety Mangers & Trainers
- Homecare Managers
- Hospice Care Workers
- Moving & Handling Practitioners
- Occupational Health Advisors
- Occupational Therapists
- Primary Care Managers
- Private Care Providers
- Procurement and Purchasing Managers
Why you should attend Moving & Handling People
Benefits of attending Moving & Handling People
- CPD-accredited professional update for practitioners
- Expert analysis and solutions from leading practitioners
- Detailed review of safe practices and use of equipment for different client groups and situations
- Sharing best practice through peer review
- One year’s FREE access to the moving & handling section of DLF data an information portal of equipment for moving and handling people
All these benefits make M&HP essential for your continuing professional development.
Moving & Handling People is a CPD accredited event focusing on positive solutions for practitioners and clients.
The event is designed to support personal learning aims, providing up to date information and guidance. All delegates are encouraged to bring along questions to ask and discuss in the presentations and workshops. The event timetable ensures delegates can attend all the sessions – maximizing your learning experience.
- Be able to implement a client assessment and understand the importance of safety and risk management in the organisation
- Better understanding of optional appraisal of equipment
- Identify safety issues when choosing and using equipment to move and handle people loads
- New practical skills for a range of techniques and uses of equipment
- Audit your own practice and that of your organisation
- Use of different assessment tools in client management
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) – supporting your learning
This event will contribute to your CPD through a mixture of plenary & seminar Sessions, interactive workshops and the Open Forum. Delegates are requested to complete an evaluation form when they leave the conference.
Delegates can download their Certificate of Attendance following the event and use it to record personal learning objectives and achievements as a permanent record of their CPD.
Four practical interactive workshops
- Enhance your knowledge, practical skills and application of equipment
- Peer review and audit your risk management practices
- Discuss practical solutions to real-life situations
The individualised timetable is designed so that delegates to attend all four workshops.
Justifying your attendance
In order to help you to justify your attendance at Moving & Handling People, we are pleased to offer you a justification letter template, which you can use to explain to your line manager how your organisation - and you - would benefit from attending the event.
At the end of the conference, you will also be provided with a Certificate of Attendance on which you can record your aims and objectives for attending the event and your learning outcomes. In addition to this providing evidence of CPD, you can also copy this for your manager to clearly demonstrate the benefits for the organisation.